Now accepting registrations
for 2022-2023 piano lessons in St. Albert:
View Carolyn’s schedule or Keri’s schedule to see available time slots.
In-Person or Online Available
You may choose in-person or online lessons & may switch at anytime.
Get the most from your lessons:
• Piano Maestro. We use an iPad app called Piano Maestro in our studios for a portion of your lesson time to practice sight reading & to play popular & classical music with an accompanying track. The app hears what you are playing on your piano & can tell if you are playing the correct notes.
There are also practice tools (slow speed, letter names, music waiting for you to play the correct notes). If you have an iPad at home you can connect to our teacher account to synchronize your progress between home practice & your lessons. Search for Piano Maestro by JoyTunes in the app store. Only works on iPad. Connect to Carolyn or Keri by searching for teacher in the settings. Search: Piano Stars or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Practice between lessons. Think about a sports team: you can’t just play in the game without learning how to play in the practices. Think about school: after your math lesson do you have homework to help you remember what you learned in the lessons? You can’t just play piano for fun until you have learned how to play the piano.
• Any amount of practice is helpful. It’s ok if you only have 10 minutes to practice. Maybe you will have more time tomorrow. Sometimes once you get to the piano you end up staying longer than you thought you would!
• Find a regular time to practice. If you always practice at the same time it will be come habit & make it easier to do. Examples: before school, right after school, just before or after supper…
• Participate in a public performance. Give yourself a goal & something to work towards. Music festivals, exams, recitals are a great way to give you motivation to practice. Of course you are going to want to try to play your best when playing in pubic! There is a music festival in November & in April. Both festivals award scholarships to excellent performances which some of our students have won in the past. You also get a mini lesson with an adjudicator. Exams are available in January, June & August. Recitals happen near Halloween, Christmas & Year End.
Please visit often to stay up to date on events & deadlines.